Playing with Texture :)

So, since the move I obviously haven't been too busy with my photography, and miss it like crazy, (can't wait until Thanksgiving to get in some sessions!) but the upside is that I have had more time to mess around with things that I have always wanted to work on. So...here are some new textures that I've been playing around with, let me know what you think!This is the original image, the antiqued version, no textureWarm it up a little with some browns/yellows, add kind of an old crumpled textureThis one gives it a little grungeA little more grunge with some reds
Subtle, I know, but it can really add some interest to images, maybe I'll put up a few more samples with pictures from some different sessions.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

I think they all look great. I think the color will depend on what a person is wearing or the color of their eyes, but I like that a person has options with these three.

Lauren said...

I love the different textures!!! Isn't photoshop great?! I can't wait to get my hands on it and start messing around with it. You might have to teach me a few things or two.

OK so to be honest with you I think that you have the best eye of any photographer I've seen in a long time. Not only that you shoot in the most interesting places but your backgrounds and simple props totally make your pictures that much better. Then you add your photoshop touch and it's a done deal. Seriously I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! You're quite the inspiration.

Lauren said...

We should seriously start a business together!! How much fun would that be?! I'm totally game and I think it would be a hit. As far as my equipment goes it's super simple. The camera that I use is a Pentax iSTD with 2 lenses: 15-55mm and a 70-300mm zoom. My "Photoshop" is "Windows Photo Gallery" a super simple program that came with our computer...one of these days I'll make the upgrade to Photoshop...and I can't wait! What equipment do you use?

I've thought a little bit about the stock photography thing but don't know if that's my cup of tea - still trying to decide. As far as the gallery in an upscale city now that would be a dream come true! heehee Perhaps one day...at least it's fun to think about for the time being ;)

I still like the idea of the two of us doing business together...we could figure something out.